Pithy generalizations, at least. Things I plan to build on and refer back to.
- Idea #1 – Have an idea that could change the world? Pay attention to rhetoric.
- Idea #2 – Nonviolent direct action succeeds when it is disruptive politically or economically. Getting attention isn’t enough.
- Idea #3 – People tend to worry too much about freeloaders.
- Idea #4 – Predicting the future is harder than you think, even if you know why predicting the future is harder than you think.
- Idea #5 – A naive compromise between ideologies can produce worse results than a coherent implementation of either’s favored policy.
- Idea #6 – The history of the 21st century will be one of technological singularity and collapse.
- Idea #7 – The best way to accurately predict the future is to accurately predict the present.